I was the last person who wanted to wake up and watch the royal wedding this morning, but hey, I was up nursing at 4:00 a.m. anyway, so why not? Following the royal family is not my cup of tea, but I actually enjoyed watching. Who doesn't like watching a wedding especially when it makes you think of your own.
Aaron and I are coming up on our 13th wedding anniversary. I couldn't help but think of the differences in our wedding and that of William and Kate. We didn't have crowds cheering us on for miles, didn't have the ceremony broadcast around the world, didn't ride off in a carriage, didn't sleep in a royal palace that night. No, our wedding was much better.
First, I was married to my prince charming for not just
"until death do us part" like William and Kate, but for eternity. That's forever!!! And with that we were promised blessings beyond measure.
First, I was married to my prince charming for not just
"until death do us part" like William and Kate, but for eternity. That's forever!!! And with that we were promised blessings beyond measure.
Second, Westminster Abbey is quite an impressive building, but it doesn't even compare in beauty to the Salt Lake Temple. In addition, we had more than enough cheerleaders in all the friends and family who took a whole day off to be with us. We were showered with mountains of gifts and piles of money. Our parents emptied their bank accounts to make the day happen for us. My mother spent months planning the whole thing. And at the end of the day we drove off into the sunset while everyone cleaned up the enormous mess left behind.
A wedding doesn't get any more royal than that. A princess is exactly what I was and it was one of the best days of my life.
And guess what? We're living happily ever after!
And guess what? We're living happily ever after!


3 comments:
One of the things I remember most about your wedding is chocolate pretzels. Lots and lots of pretzels. I can't believe it's been 13 years. Congrats!
Happy Birthday on that royal day too (the royals big day, not yours). You forgot to mention that!
Love you.
You are for sure one of "My Royal" daughters. HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! And I am really happy about the "Happily-ever-after" part. Love Ya, mommsy
Post a Comment