My body is having a hard time adjusting to life without baby inside. Yesterday morning I was resting on the couch in my ugly blue bath robe of which I like to call the big blue whale. The name actually refers to how I look in it especially when I'm pregnant. Anywho, unexpectedly there is a ring at the doorbell and I can tell it is an adult, most likely my neighbor. Aaron isn't home and I know this person wants to talk to me. I panic because of what I'm wearing and what my face must look like. It's not THAT early, but it is Sunday morning and I've been feeding the baby and resting and I do not want to see anyone.
One of the kids was about to answer the door and I had to hide, but where? I jumped up and tried to run. My legs had no idea what to do or where to go and I stumbled and fell a few times. From the kitchen Emma yells out, "mom, are you ok?!" My neighbor must have heard the commotion from outside because I was pretty loud. I ended up in the adjacent laundry room where I waited until I figured I better come out and greet her. I threw on one of Aaron's jackets and peeked around the corner. We talked for a minute and I apologized for my lovely outfit. She is a friend so it could have been worse, but it was still pretty embarrassing.
Soon afterward Aaron arrived and after I told him the story he informed me that adding his jacket to my blue robe only made me look more ridiculous. Then I showed him the fresh raspberry on my knee. Stumbling to the laundry room had made it's mark with a huge rug burn on my knee and boy did it sting! We had a good laugh over the whole thing and I still laugh. Not only is my brain struggling to keep up, but so are my legs. I'll get it together soon, right?
3 comments:
You can't just talk about the blue whale without offering a photo. I like the idea of you adding a jacket. Taking the look from day to night. Sorry you suffered an injury the process.
This post is hilarious! This sort of thing happens to me WAY more than I wish to admit. Just today my in-laws came over while I was napping in my blue robe and I just got up and hung out with them. They're so used to me by now.
I wish you had a video clip of that one! :)
Post a Comment