Look at this handsome guy. He's been holding Brooke a lot lately and I keep snapping pictures of them. The lighting was so good a few nights ago so I got out the camera.
Aaron had the lesson for FHE tonight and he surprised me by talking about mothers and in particular me. He read scriptures and quotes from Pres. Hinckley and others. It was one of the best F.H. evenings we've had. I unexpectedly started to cry during one of the quotes he read and I almost couldn't stop. I'm not pregnant anymore so what's going on??
I want to share a few of the quotes that Aaron shared.
Pres. Hinckley quoted Anne Campbell who when talking about what she sacrificed to have children said as she looked at each one,
"You are the trip I did not take;
You are the pearls I cannot buy;
You are my blue Italian lake;
You are my piece of foreign sky;"
This quote is what got me crying. You do make sacrifices to be a mother. You cannot go wherever you want to go whenever you want. You cannot buy whatever you want to buy or even watch whatever you want to watch...unless you are nursing in the middle of the night and have the t.v. to yourself;).
As I listened to that quote I thought there's nothing I've had to give up that is more important than my family-not any material possession, dream home, high paying job, dream vacation, etc. etc.
I living my dream right here at home.
Here's a few more quotes:
"There never was a child so lovely but his mother was glad to get him asleep." -Ralph Waldo Emerson
"My mother's menu consisted of two choices: Take it or leave it" -Buddy Hackett
"There is only one pretty child in the world, and every mother has it." -Chinese Proverbs
"Cleaning up with children around is like shoveling during a blizzard." -author unknown
"I remember my mother's prayers and they have always followed me. They have clung to me all my life." -Abraham Lincoln
This is the good feeling I was looking for on Mother's day. Thanks to a loving husband for making my night.

3 comments:
Thanks so much for sharing! Happy Mother's Day (week) Nikki!
What a nice FHE! Thanks for sharing these quotes.
How sweet. I love the quotes. I'm glad you were given such a special night.
Post a Comment