Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Small Things

"We can do small things with great love"
       -Mother Teresa


I heard this quote today and loved it.  Sometimes we think we have to do something big to show we love someone, but more often it is the small things that make the biggest difference.  While thinking of this quote I remembered something that Aaron did for me once.  It was when I was pregnant with Christian and feeling sick.  One night when I went in to bed I found him on my side instead of his. I knew exactly what he was doing. He was warming up my side of the bed for me.  It sounds like no big deal, but that small act brightened my mood and made me feel so loved.   So, hey let's all go out and do something small today. It might make someone's day.  And, if you want, share something small that someone did for you once that made your day.

3 comments:

Robin said...

What a kind gesture. Very nice.

Carly said...

I am always grateful to women in church who will simply come sit next to me when I am new in the ward. Such a simple gesture, but one that makes a big difference. It puts me at ease and makes me feel a sense of belonging. I have always admired that quality in you. You are so great at sensing when others need just that - a simple "hello" or smile. I love you and you are such a great example to me!

Nikki said...

Carly, thanks for the compliments. Your story reminds me of when I was new in the ward I'm in now. I was not in the mood to meet new people on that first day. I just wanted to hide or something. As soon as I opened the door to the church that first time there stood a woman who immediately gave me a smile and a hello. That kind gesture made me feel good and helped changed my attitude.