Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Tulip Tradition


Every year around my birthday I ask Aaron to take me to Temple Square in Salt Lake to see the tulips. If you have not been to see this amazing display you're missing out.  There's tulips everywhere you look and they seem to all be a different variety and color. Some of them even looked as tall as Christian. The tulips and other beautiful flowers that fill the beds are usually in full bloom through the end of April, but by mid May die out and are replaced.  We didn't make it this year until last weekend which would almost be too late, but since it has been cold I knew we might still have a chance.
 We were not disappointed!!! It was a perfect evening for strolling around Temple Square with the family and the tulips had to be at their peak.  I loved watching the kids enjoy them as much as me. They oohed and aahed and stopped to smell.

I love poppies!!!


I think Christian is smiling?







The whole family

So much fun!!!

3 comments:

Carly said...

Love it! I remember when I lived in SLC I would ride Trax down and walk around temple square when I had extra time. I also love the poppies!!!

Colleen said...

Nik,
I love these pics. I am so glad you made the time to go to Temple Square. These pics should bring back memories for Mac as well. Beautiful.

Robin said...

I have not seen one tulip since I moved to California. Thanks for sharing. It sounds like a fun day.