Friday, January 25, 2013

Window shots

Brooke and I were looking out the window watching for the bus the other day. She looked so cute with the light coming in so I grabbed the camera and took a billion pictures.



I love taking pictures of my kids by the window because of the natural light coming in. The light illuminates their faces and tends to darken the background creating a stark contrast. Like in this picture of Emma below.

Forgive me this is a picture of a picture. This is Emma in her "cowgirl pose" after dressing up for "cowboy day" in kindergarten.   I love the stripes of light shining on her and the dark background.

This is one of my favorites of Lindsey looking out the window in our old house. I love how the light reflects off the (dusty) blinds and gives her face a glow. The background which is not very big, is darker.


 And last, Christian. You can't tell as much that this is a window shot, but it is. What a cute little face. 


If you're interested, there's a couple more window shots of Brooke taken last year here and here.  

If you'd like to take some good pictures of the kids, take them over by the window and snap away.  

Happy Day!



No comments: