Aaron's Grandma Norma celebrated her 90th birthday last Saturday. Her children and grandchildren used all their amazing talents to put on a great party for her.
Doesn't Norma look pretty on her birthday? That's something I've noticed about Norma through the years- she always looks pretty.
Here's some pictures that were on display at the party
Another thing about Norma is she is an amazing seamstress. I'll never forget the sweater she made out of a sweat shirt she bought at the D.I. a few years ago. I almost didn't believe her because I couldn't tell it was ever a sweat shirt. She cut it right down the middle and added trim to both sides and buttons. Voila, a pretty sweater. Even though she can't see too well anymore she makes hats all day everyday to give to the needy all over the world. Sometimes she gives our kids some too.
Here's a hat she made for Christian.
(Emma's picture)
We call it his "where's waldo?" hat.
Aaron and I were just starting to date when I met Norma 16 years ago. I was immediately impressed by her fast paced life. Every day of the week she volunteered at a different place in town. She kept busy helping others.
Another thing I found out on that first meeting was that she lived across the street from where my great-grandma lived for years before she passed away. I was shocked to think that she already knew my great-grandma. Not only that, but Norma had visited her and helped her often before she died. It kind of gave me chills because of the coincidence of it all and I started to wonder if Aaron and I were meant to be.
The last thing that I want to share is something that I read recently that reminded me of Norma. It's a quote from Elder M. Russell Ballard and it says,
" There is nothing in this world as personal, as nurturing, or as life changing as the influence of a righteous woman."
Norma has had a big influence on her children and grandchildren. I can see it. I think about her wonderful family. When they get together it is such a happy, easy-going, fun time. There's just a good feeling there. After that first family party I attended I was hooked.
I'm grateful for her example and for all the things she has done for Aaron and I and the kids. She always has kind words for us. She is something else.
Happy Birthday Norma!!




No comments:
Post a Comment