While we're talking about quilts I just had a flashback about one of our quilts. Aaron's Grandma Norma who just celebrated her 90th birthday- I'm going to post about it soon- made us a quilt when we first got married and we use it ALL the time. This quilt isn't just any quilt. She gave it to me at my wedding shower and my sisters and mom and I just about died when we saw it.
Here's a silly picture of me at my shower. I think I had ten pieces of gum in my mouth or something.
But that is the quilt. We were dying because if you can see in the next picture it matches the wallpaper in my old bedroom, EXACTLY. My mom decorated our room with the wall paper and made bedspreads out of the same fabric. I even had a blanket made out of that fabric and it had a big "N" on it and it got lost when I was a kid. I probably left it at a sleepover somewhere and it breaks my heart to even think of it. Years later my future husband's grandma makes me a quilt with the same fabric! This fabric was probably 20 years old when she made it. I don't know where she got it. Maybe she had it stored all that time, but for her to pick that fabric over anything else was too amazing. I know this phrase is over used, but it's true- it was a sweet moment!
Easter morning years ago.
I have other quilt stories, but I'll save them for another time. Have a great day! Stay tuned for Norma's 90th, the Evil Horse, and Teaching Moments ( I guess this means I really have to do those posts now)



2 comments:
That bottom photo looks like Christian. I forgot about the quilt story. MFEO.
Nik, I had forgotten about the "I SPY" quilt. Wow, that must have taken you forever!!! Good times from the past. Somewhere in some DI are the quilts I made that match the one Norma made you. The mystery of the"N" quilt is still unsolved. Sad. But, new life, new Quilt. Can't wait for your other posts.
Post a Comment