Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The sun came out

The sun did come out today and it was much better.  And although I never did get back to sleep, somehow I made it through the day just fine.
 I'd like to give a lot of credit to something really great that happened in the morning. I looked out my window and saw my neighbor who actually lives a mile away, plowing my driveway.  It just brightened my whole outlook on the day. Someone was thinking of us and came to help us.  It's so cool how one small act of kindness like that can make such a big difference.  That was the start I needed to get me going and the rest of the day was great.  The snow turned the world to white and the sun came out to put on the finishing touches.  It was absolutely gorgeous!  I played some volleyball with friends and got some chores done including dinner!  The kids were themselves, but I was able to deal with it better.     Oh, and I just read an article about how moms can keep their sanity. You can find it here.  It basically says that we need timeouts, exercise, and monthly nights out with our friends.  I like the sound of that! It's time for a friend get together again for sure. That always fills me up!


I'll leave you with some cute/funny pictures of Brooke.  These are Emma's.






She keeps me smiling and laughing.  What a kid!


p.s. It was a successful scream free day except for when Christian's head hit me really hard in the eye.  It doesn't count though because I wasn't mad, just hurt. Actually maybe it was a mix and because I reacted like I did everyone thought I must have been bleeding. No bump or anything. Am I turning into a wimp or what?








No comments: