This is our evil horse. I took this picture over a year ago and was going to do a blog post about it and call it "tagged", but never got around to doing it. While Christian and his friends were in the unsupervised area of the basement one day they decided to color the horse with what we thought was permanent marker. We all got mad at him and banned him and his friends from playing in the basement for a while. We just let the horse sit like that for months until just before we moved. As Aaron and I were going through the stuff in the basement deciding what to keep and what to throw out I thought we should just get rid of the horse. I thought about giving it to D.I., but felt bad about it. Who would want a horse with marker all over it? I'd never actually attempted to clean it because I just assumed that it was permanent marker. Imagine how silly I felt when all it took was a wet rag to remove the not-so-permanent marker. I felt silly, but I was happy to keep a toy that Brooke could one day use. That day is here, but... there are issues.
Before I get into that here is a picture of Lindsey on the horse when she and Emma got it for Christmas years ago. I love the look on her face as she's trying it out for the first time. It seems like their Grandma Mari always has something fun like that sitting out on Christmas.
This horse is cracking me up. You used to be able to push a button on either ear and hear it gallop or snort or neigh, but the buttons and/or the batteries are worn out and they won't work anymore. Except of course at odd times. Christian went by it once and for some reason hit it with his blanket and it neighed. We were shocked and when we tried to get it to do it again it wouldn't work. There's no rhyme or reason for the times that it goes off. It has a mind of it's own I guess and now Brooke is afraid of it. Twice after I've heard the neigh sound in Brooke's room she has come running out of her room with a scared look on her face and on the verge of tears. The last time I went in there the horse was tipped over like it had fallen over and hit her crib. I assumed that's what caused the horse to come alive, but when I tried to make it neigh again it wouldn't. Freaky!
So that my friends is the story of the evil horse.


1 comment:
I might have a nightmare about this horse! Also, we were singing a song in church that said Christian, and it made me think of your family. We miss you.
Post a Comment