Friday, January 4, 2013

Christmas Memories

We had such a good Christmas this year. There's too many things to mention about it, but I'll share a bunch of pictures to give a little glimpse of what happened.

Instead of giving us presents my parents paid for our family to stay in Salt Lake a night and go to a fancy restaurant and see the lights and go shopping, etc. We had a really good time.

The lights were amazing as always.

We had the most gorgeous view of the temple from the restaurant.


We had so much fun with Brooke this year. She loved the lights and the tree and everything.

We were so blessed with a snowstorm on Christmas Eve! We all went outside and played in it while Aaron snow blowed the driveway.


And then of course the next day-Christmas-was the most beautiful sunny day.  What a cherished blessing! Here's the morning sun on Lindsey's "snow cat" that she had made the day before.


And a couple of Christmas morning shots-


 The girls and the fijit

Brookie's new puffy coat that is bigger than her.


Dad and Christian putting together his 3D Eiffel Tower puzzle. 
Christian has always had an interest in the Eiffel Tower.


A Christmas gift brought back from the dead- the ping pong table

I bought this ping pong table for Aaron for Christmas before the kids were born, but we didn't have a place for it. So, it sat in his grandma's basement for 10-12 years until a few days ago. It came in handy for the girls' NewYears Eve party and we've had a lot of fun with it ever since. Except Aaron is way too good and I don't know if I can ever beat him!

Em and Linds had their friends over for fun on New Years. I think they screamed the entire five minutes  before midnight and when they started banging pots and pans we had to hurry and escort  them outside.  Somehow Brooke slept through the whole thing.

And last, this is a note written by Christian.  We drew names weekly and did nice things for our "person" all week. Christian did some really nice things for me including writing me this note when he didn't even have my name that week. I thought it was so sweet.

Also, he knows I like him to use scratch paper rather than get a new paper out every time he draws so he made sure to make me a card using scratch paper.  How thoughtful! 

These are just a couple of the fun things we did, but the most important things that happened this Christmas weren't photographed. The most important was the feelings felt and the love shared between family members and friends and strangers. That's what I'll remember the most.

I'm already missing the spiritual music playing all the time and the good deeds being done all over the place. Without that total concentration the world over of Christ and His birth, it's just not the same. I feel like that spirit has been taken away and everything is just ho hum now. I guess that just shows that Christ really is the light of the world.

Until next year...





No comments: