We had the greatest time today just taking it easy on a lazy summer day. I knew having a baby around would slow us down and I wasn't sure I would like that. So far so good. The kids are having a hard time with the new pace, but we're surviving ok I think.
It took a few days to recover from the 4th of July weekend and today it was time to GET OUT. What did we do? We bought some butterfly nets and treats and had a picnic under a big shade tree at my sister's house. I sat on a chair with the baby in my lap watching the kids swinging on a giant rope swing and running around trying to catch butterflies. The temperature was perfect, the baby was happy and so cute, and though the butterfly hunt was unsuccessful, the kids had a really good time. It was heavenly. It was one of those perfect moments I want to remember forever.

1 comment:
Slow down? You guys have been hiking, jumping on the tramp, partying on the fourth, and going to the zoo. You guys are busier than we are when we don't have a baby (which we don't yet, by the way.)
Post a Comment