Writing a blog is kind of like telling someone a story and not getting a response. When I get comments I feel like I want to comment back and get a conversation going , but is that person going to look at the comments again? I feel like writing, "hey, thanks for the comment." or, "let me explain..." ( by the way, thanks for the comments) Anyway, blogging is not my preferred method of communication, but I'll go with it for now.
In that light, I'd like to give a few updates. If you've followed my blog from the beginning you have read my stories and don't know how some of them ended. So, if you care, I'll give an update beginning with the most recent.
#1 My neighbor called me the other day and told me she was going to RSVP for her daughter for Lindsey's birthday party only when she looked on the invitation to see what number to call (not really, she knows my number) she noticed her own number was on there. We had a great laugh over that one. She told me she would take messages for me. Our numbers are so similar that I made the mistake of listing hers instead of mine. I've made so many silly mistakes like that lately that I'm getting good at laughing at myself. And that is no small matter.
#2 The US Women's Soccer team lost in the World Cup Final. I didn't see the game in real time, but saw the penalty kicks at the end and saw some of the highlights later on. I was sad for the US women because they really deserved to win after how hard they worked to get there. But, it didn't take long to get over it because I was happy for Japan. They played with a lot of heart and that last goal in overtime was amazing. I used to get pretty depressed when the team I was watching would lose a game and finally I decided I didn't want to feel that way anymore. I've learned to distance myself from the event emotionally so that win or lose, I think "it's just a game." It works! My last thoughts after the last World Cup game were that it's all about trying to win, isn't it? If you give it everything you've got, win or lose, you have won. That's kind of cliche I guess, but that's a concept I only just learned for myself. Sorry for the rambling....
#3 I'm totally over missing the placement of the statue Moroni. I'm just happy it's on and I get to see it every time I drive by.
#4 We replaced our Land Cruiser we sold with a newer Land Cruiser. It's nicer and has lower miles and it was probably a good idea to upgrade. Cars are still cars to me.
#5 No broken bones on the trampoline yet. The kids are having fun and they are getting exercise- yeah!
#6 I finally went hiking with my mom last week. It was short, but so nice. I'm hoping to get out again this week
#7 Christian is still learning to ride his motorcycle. Aaron lets him do laps around the house every once in a while. A couple weeks ago he wrecked on the driveway and got a nasty bruise on his hip and a bad scrape on his elbow. He's back at it again this week.
#8 The deer did not eat the pansies or the tulips. They were beautiful. On the other hand, I have some bug that is eating my dogwood bush and it's almost dead. Waaaaa!
That's all for now. Carry on.
2 comments:
And let me update my comments: I totally thought of you when I saw the clips of the World Cup games. I thought: "Nikki could have done that. She might have been making that grimace that she makes when she's being intense, but she could have done that, no doubt." Then when I saw that they lost the final to Japan I thought about you again because I remembered Shiho and your other japanese friends at USU. I think I thought of this because you were playing soccer then, weren't you? Anyway, I wonder if Shiho is thinking of you.
Keep posting and I'll keep commenting (oh and I do return to see if my comments have been responded to).
Thanks for believing in me Mac. What's this grimace you're talking about?
Yeah, I was thinking of Shiho too. Remember when she came to visit and you were going to prom and you had on a tuxedo. She thought you were so cute. I think she had a crush on you.
Post a Comment