This is our car that Aaron sold yesterday. He listed it while we were out for the morning and had it sold by dinner time. It happened so fast I didn't even have time to say goodbye.
Do you ever get attached to a car? I don't get excited about cars, don't have a favorite car or wish I could drive a certain car, but when it's time to sell our own car, I get a little sad. I think of all the memories attached to it. I was the one who drove it mostly so that's probably why I feel this way.
Aaron bought this car six years ago. It was one of those purchases I wasn't sure about. It was more than we'd ever spent on a car and I was perfectly happy driving the old one. Aaron reassured me this was a good thing. He was right.
I called it our first "real" car because it had both air conditioning and heat which our other cars could not claim. Also, it had four wheel drive and it fit the whole family and then some. It was the newest car we'd ever owned and it was 12 years old.
I can't help but think of all the times it got us safely to where we needed to go, especially on those snowy days and nights. It carried our groceries home week after week, carried the kids to and from soccer, preschool, piano, etc. We strapped Christmas trees to the top, and carried home our new babies inside. It took us to all the fun family activities we've done over the years. It guzzled thousands of gallons of gas.....
What a good car. We'll miss you ol' buddy.
2 comments:
I was a little choked up when I sold my Camry. I paid for it all by myself so I felt like it represented more than just a car. I can understand where your coming from lady. Go Toyota!
I still look across the street at Grandma's car and say, "What have I done?" I loved my Camry...leather seats...fully loaded. At least I can still look across the street and wave....and at least it is still in the family. Hus to Cars!
Post a Comment