Friday, July 29, 2011

Youth

 7 years ago, 2 kids ago

I found this picture of my youthful looking self in my collection and I had one of those "wish I could look like that again" moments.   I'm trying to be patient with my postpartum body, but it's hard.  Aaron and I went to play tennis the other night and it didn't take much to get me winded. Running after having a baby feels like you're pulling a plow. That's what one of my soccer teammates once said and it is so true.  You feel heavy and slow and awkward. 

I'll get back in shape...someday.  Until then Aaron will have to enjoy all my extra cushioning:)

2 comments:

Jenny said...

But the awesome part of having a baby is that we can always hold them in front of our extra cushioning when we're in public. (We can also blame unmannerly noises on them which is totally a bonus).
Oh, and p.s., I didn't notice any extra cushioning when I saw you.
And p.p.s. this was your last pregnancy so you'll never have to lose baby pounds again!

Nikki said...

Oh yeah, I feel much better about my extra cushioning when I'm holding the baby. I'll only have that excuse for a little while longer and then I'll have to come up with something else. p.s. you are looking great after only two weeks!