Thursday, September 6, 2012

One last time

We are trying to savor every minute of our limited time here in our home.  It seems like we're trying to do everything one last time. The other day I pushed Brooke up this long hill for the last time. It was a perfect morning. The air was cool and fresh with the smell of rain from the day before and the view was gorgeous.   It was the same hill I walked with a friend of mine -Sheri-almost everyday a few years ago. We started out pushing our boys who were both 4-5 years old in strollers. They were too big, but we wanted some exercise so we didn't let them out to walk with us.  Then I got pregnant with Brooke and I didn't want to tell anyone yet so I continued to walk up that hill, pushing 5 -year- old Christian while feeling so sick.  Finally I told her because I couldn't do it anymore.  After that she walked in the church with me where we could be on flat ground. She helped keep me in shape during my pregnancy- Thank you Sheri.  We had a lot of great talks between trying to break up the boys fights. Good times.


I have another good friend I walk with every once in a while in the cemetery. The cemetery is a good place because it is flat and there are few cars.  Lindsay and I were friends in jr. high and reunited a few years ago after a reunion. When we realized that we just lived a couple of miles from each other we decided to meet often walking in the cemetery with our kids.
I guess it's been about four years now.  I have really enjoyed being reacquainted with Lindsay and we have had a lot of good talks. I will miss that time.

Here's some pictures of our last walk through the cemetery.







I posted about a walk with Lindsay and her boys last year in my Country Roads post.



No comments: