
When I showed up I was in a total fog wondering what to do first. As I tried to gather skis and kids and buy them passes and get myself ready I felt increasingly inadequate. You should have seen me walking down the stairs with my clunky ski boots trying not to fall. My crisscrossed skis were falling out of my arms because I forgot how to hold them over my shoulder. I was so out of my element! Add my outdated skinny skis and ski outfit and I was a total Hillbilly. Once I realized how ridiculous I was I decided to laugh at myself and I felt much better.
I'd have to say that I did not look like a hillbilly once I got skiing. Somehow it all comes back once you get going and overall I had a great time.
I skied with Lindsey for a bit and it wasn't easy. I gained a new appreciation for Aaron and all the work he does to take them skiing each time. He could be going with his friends, but instead he chooses to take the kids.
As we were skiing down the hill I noticed Lindsey was snowplowing straight down the whole thing. I encouraged her to try turning so she could have a little more fun, but she was stubborn about it. I hated to do it, but finally I told her I'd buy her a candy bar if she tried to turn. It took her less than five seconds to take me up on the offer and for the rest of the time she was turning all the time. Despite this success she was ready to go home after only six runs. Aaron took her and Christian home since they had already been skiing earlier in the day while I stayed with Emma and her friend. I wore myself out trying to keep up with the girls and I'm sure I got more exercise that night than I usually get in a week.
The crew without Aaron
Sunset
Here's to more hillbilly skiing.... maybe next year?



2 comments:
Nik,
You make me laugh. Thanks for lightening up my day. Love you!
Nikki love this! I am still there with you and bribing my kids to ski.
Post a Comment