Thursday, March 1, 2012

Future Basketball Star?


Brooke and I were shootin' hoops today. No really, I'm starting something new with her that I didn't do with the other kids.  I'm trying to play ball with her more often and it's fun. So far it consists of me rolling her the ball and her kind of rolling it back. You never know one of these days she just might be a point guard or a second baseman.
 You'd think with all the sports I did growing up that I would play ball with the kids all the time, but the truth is I NEVER do.  I'd really rather sit on the couch and read them a book or do a puzzle at the table.  Ok, I do like hikes and bike rides and frisbee at the park, but hardly ever playing ball.  Aaron has been the one to throw them a ball to hit or catch. And he's always encouraging them to jump off something while I'm begging them not to.  I've got plenty of video footage of Aaron getting the kids to jump, flip, stand on their heads, ride down steep hills, you name it.  I guess I'm the one in charge of making sure we all survive and Aaron is in charge of making sure we have fun too.  We make a great pair.
Here's to more ball playing....I guess.

2 comments:

Colleen said...

Where is the game? I will be there!! Nothing more fun than watching your kids play ball!

Jenny said...

Hey, and I can say I'm your friend when they show you on TV in the box seats and introduce you as the mother of the famous athlete.