Monday, August 1, 2011

P.C.

We had the greatest time on Saturday celebrating Emma's birthday in Park City.  She has been wanting to go there so we decided to make it a birthday celebration.  The Utah Olympic Park had a festival going on so that was our destination. The kids and Aaron rode the Alpine slide and then we watched the ski jumpers doing all their tricks. They were amazing!  Since the kids have never been to Park City we took them to Main Street and walked around a bit and got some ice cream.  Here's some pictures of the day-

Emma invited her cousin Analyn to celebrate with us

The skiing/Olympic museum located at the Olympic Park is really neat. I didn't get to see half of it so I hope to go back some day.

These bike racks in town were pretty cool

Analyn kept telling us about a "shoe tree" in Park City and we had no idea what she was talking about. Sure enough, there's a tree with shoes hanging all over it.  Have you seen it? 


The kids loved the slide and the skiers and the pizza, but for me the greatest part was the drive to and from P.C.   We didn't have any ipods or dvd players and the radio was fuzzy so we had some good ol' fashion fun.  Among the fun was pointing out all the letters on the mountains all the way there and guessing what they stood for.  On the way home we sang High School Musical songs because those were the only songs we could all remember the words to. At one point Aaron leaned over and said, "I'm surprised how many songs Lindsey knows."  and I replied, "I'm surprised how many songs you know!"
Aaron redeemed himself at the end of the night by turning up at full blast some heavy metal from his high school days. Emma and Analyn now have the chorus of "Paradise City" memorized. 

It was such a memorable night made possible by Aaron's hard work and planning and made even more enjoyable by having Analyn with us. She has such a happy, fun personality.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

This sounds super fun. Oh, and I love the bicycle picture.