Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Cut it out!

Stop it!  Quit it! Knock it off! Cut it out!  Do you ever catch yourself using a phrase over and over and wonder why?  My newest phrase is "cut it out!" Recently I caught myself saying it for the millionth time and decided I'd better say something else.  I'm not sure what I've replaced it with, but it's about gone.  Emma told me I've been saying "wicked" a lot lately too. I don't know why I started saying that.  This morning on the phone I caught myself saying "wild!" three times in three minutes. Where do I come up with this stuff? That one better be on its way out too.
We all know our children are pretty much recorders of ourselves. The other day Christian also said "wild!"
It's a good thing I'm not saying anything worse!!  On the other hand when my kids use language I didn't use I figure they probably got it from school, tv, or movies.  This is especially true with Christian. He is always experimenting with new words and phrases.  We watched the old King Kong movie last week and he thought it was so funny that one guy kept saying "holy mackerel!!"  Now he says it all the time.  Seriously....oh, that's Emma's favorite thing to say. Did I teach her that one?
What do your kids say?

2 comments:

lannandem said...

Henry says "oh my!" in a really high surprised voice...also "oh wow" i notice that i say those all the time :) maybe they should be on their way out too:)

Jenny said...

This is hilarious. I'll have to pay more attention to what I say.