Sunday, August 28, 2011

City Folk

We took the kids to the fair over the weekend (sorry, no pictures) and we made the usual rounds to all the animal barns.  It has been really hot here this past week and lets just say the animals this year seemed to be a little more smelly than in years' past. When we entered the sheep barn it was dusty and stuffy and after walking 15 yards into the barn I told Aaron I HAD to leave.  I really couldn't even breathe.  Next, we checked out the pig barn. I know pigs can really stink, but this barn just had a covering on top with all the sides open. This wouldn't be too hard, right?  As we started down the aisle between the rows of pigs I told myself no matter what I could walk all the way through. But try as I did I found myself struggling to not think about throwing up.  Lindsey was in front of me and halfway down the aisle she turns around and in a panic sort of voice blurts out, "Mom can we please get out of here?!"   I was all over that suggestion and we turned around really quick and headed out. Phew! As we left the barn Aaron made me laugh as I heard him say under his breath,  "city folk!"  I guess we are city folk. I guess we are.

No comments: