This summer was pretty much a "staycation" but it was one of the funnest summers I've ever had. We found so many fun things to do close to home. We did the fun trip to Park City, went to Lagoon, camped one night with all of us including Brooke, had family reunions and picnics, fireworks and the 4th of July, bike rides, and playing at the park( my favorite). We had birthday parties, a blessing and a baptism, and visiting with friends from out of town. Aaron took all the kids on dates with him including; a horse ride (Emma), tennis in the mornings (Emma), frisbee and donuts (Lindsey), swimming and KFC (Lindsey), motorcycle riding, camping, fishing (Christian), and Raptors games(Christian). Besides all that the kids went swimming 3 or 4 times. And....all day and all night long they played with their friends riding bikes, catching butterflies, hunting for treasure, and jumping on the trampoline.
It's funny that with all the work Aaron put into our family having fun this summer the kids said to us recently, " I'm bored! I want to go back to school!" I thought the kids were crazy and ungrateful by saying that, but Aaron didn't take offense. He was glad they were excited for school. He's right. Life cannot be one long party. It's time to get back to work.
horsebackriding
camping
camping



1 comment:
What a fun summer. Aaron is a great dad. Hopefully, I will be a fun parent some day.
Sometimes a change is good. It's definitely a good sign that the kids are excited for school. Love you.
Post a Comment