Monday, November 5, 2012

Standing Alone

Have you ever had to stand alone? To stand up for what's right? I have. It's not easy.  These are the thoughts I had when I saw that these two trees (looks like one) are about the only trees in the neighborhood with colorful leaves still on them. They stand out because of their color.  I'm always so thankful that Heavenly Father leaves us one more tree to enjoy before they're all bare and colorless.

Here's the tree(s) way in the background- (center)


Another view



And up close




This subject reminds me of another country song- isn't there a song for everything????

This is by Aaron Tippin and it's called "You've Got to Stand for Something."


Now daddy didn't like trouble, but if it came alongEveryone that knew him knew which side that he'd be onHe never was a hero, or this county's shinin' lightBut you could always find him standin' up for what he thought was right
He'd say you've got to stand for somethin' or you'll fall for anythingYou've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a stringNever compromise what's right and uphold your family nameYou've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything
Now we might have been better off or owned a bigger houseIf daddy had done more givin' in or a little more backin' downBut we always had plenty just living his adviceWhatever you do today, you'll have to sleep with tonight
He'd say you've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anythingYou've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a stringNever compromise what's right and uphold your family nameYou've got to stand for somethin' or you'll fall for anything
I know that things are different than they were in daddy's daysBut I still believe what makes a man really hasn't changed
You've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anythingYou've got to be your own man, not a puppet on a stringNever compromise what's right and uphold your family nameYou've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anythingYou've got to stand for something or you'll fall for anything


And.....I just listened to a really good conference talk from the priesthood session on this same subject. It's only ten minutes long and if you want to read, watch, or listen to it you can do it here




Stand out, stand up, stand alone

2 comments:

lannandem said...

cool thought Nikki. Thanks for sharing. Those trees really do make such a difference! I'll remember that next time i need to stand alone:)

Karlie said...

Thanks for this Nikki. This really hits home, especially after the recent events taking place with our nation at this time. I hope in the future if I ever have to stand alone, that I will have the courage to do so.