My sister Robin and I have a tradition of making pies together the night before Thanksgiving. I love pies so I've tried to learn how to make them over the years. My Grandpa Wilson made delicious apple pies and I always wanted to follow in his footsteps. I'm not sure I've arrived at that point, but I do enjoy making them. Robin makes a special pumpkin cheesecake-type of pie that is divine. I found the Paula Deen recipe online for you. Try it out sometime.
Last night when I had Aaron take a picture of Robin and I in my kitchen the pictures kept turning out blurry. Aaron was doing his best, but it just wasn't working. So, the first picture of us is when we were laughing about the whole thing and the second is a picture I took of Robin while I was testing out the camera.
Robin is so much fun. She's always making me laugh. We're both messy cooks so we had quite a mess to clean up. Here's to many more "pie nights"
p.s. I have to mention that Robin is the original turkey winner in the family. She came home with the Spelling Bee prize in 4th grade, beating out all the 5th and 6th graders.


No comments:
Post a Comment