After a while I decided I wanted to make the girls a picnic. At our house in Perry the kids were always playing with the neighbors and they always seemed to want me to make them a picnic. Sometimes I grudgingly did it, but many times I really did enjoy it. This time was one of those times that it was fun especially since I thought up the idea. The girls were really excited when I brought out the tray and it made their fun time in the van even better.
I love those times when I have the energy and desire to do fun things. Motherhood has some really great moments if we let them happen or rather make them happen.
The next bit of fun the kids came up with was the blanket forts. Because of my "fun mom" moment earlier in the day I didn't discourage their idea of building forts that night. They got out every stool and chair and blanket in the whole house to come up with three separate forts. When they asked if they could sleep in their forts I thought it would never work. Someone would be uncomfortable, too hot, too cold, or too scared and then they would want to sleep in our bed. We reluctantly gave them permission to sleep in the forts and to our surprise all of us slept perfectly 'til morning.
Lindsey's and Christian's forts
Lindsey with her reading lamp all ready for bed.
The next day Emma and Lindsey rebuilt their forts downstairs and slept another 1-2 more nights down there until they cleaned them up this morning. This was fun for the kids and it wasn't that big of an inconvenience (except for the fact we had no stools or chairs or couch cushions to sit on for a few days and I did trip and hit my head once) , but yeah I'm hoping it will be a while before they rig these up again.
Here's to a long winter of indoor fun -actually the weather has been warm enough to ride bikes-yeah!




2 comments:
Cool! It's fun to watch what kids do when they are stuck inside all day. Looks like they are quite ingenious and creative. Nik, it was so good to see you at church on sunday! Makes me want to move back into the ward!
Love your blog and miss you!
Post a Comment