Thursday, October 25, 2012

Welcome




 I got the most wonderful welcome to the valley this morning.  A foot of snow on the ground and more falling down and it was my turn for the early morning choir practice car pool.  I hate driving in the snow and it was brutal out there. Driving down our "back road" was one thing. Getting out of the first girl's mile long unplowed driveway was another. Then there was the plow driver in the school parking lot yelling at me for driving the wrong way ( I could hear him though my window was shut) and the driver following close behind me all the way home as if to say "You're too slow. Get out of my way." I was so glad that someone stopped to help the mother in the mini van who slid way off the road and hit a fence because there was no stopping me.  Getting around the bumper in the middle of the road
( ?????) on the way home almost sent me off the road and after 35 minutes of driving, arriving home never felt better.   The kicker was when the school bus arrived right on time as if there wasn't a foot of snow in the road.  The joke was on me.  The entire valley was sending me a message that I was being a total wimp. I felt like they were saying "Go home where you belong!" And that's exactly where I'll stay for the rest of the day.


On the bright side, I have four wheel drive and without it I could have been the mom in the minivan crashing into the fence.  And, hey, I'm home and safe and warm.  I made it. And earlier while driving, there was a beautiful four point buck in the middle of the road that got out of the way just in time. It was so neat to watch him jump so high over a fence and prance away.   And, the snow really is beautiful.


Besides all that good stuff, I got some cute pictures of Brooke reacting to the snow.



She calls it "hno"


   So happy until she looks down and realizes her feet are wet and it's cold.




Time to go in.

 Have a wonderful "hno day" if that's what you're lookin' at.


1 comment:

Sheri Ricks said...

Love that last pic of Brooke! Too cute!!