We've got a new move-in as you can see from the pictures below.
This is Pete. For some reason I told Aaron he should hang Pete up in our log house since it kind of goes with the decor, you know? Oh boy, what was I thinking? Pete will be staring at me while I'll be eating my breakfast, making dinner, watching tv, etc! You should have seen us try and put it up. It is right over the stairwell and it is really heavy and awkward so it was really tricky to get up. I was so mad at Aaron for not calling a neighbor to come help.
Maybe some of you have one of these at your house? When I look at it I picture Aaron in my mind flexing his muscles and then pounding his chest saying what a mighty hunter he is.
He killed this elk a few years ago after drawing out a tag in a place where hunters usually pay thousands of dollars to hunt. It was a once in a lifetime opportunity and he came home with a big one. He was so proud of this thing and when he showed up with the elk in the back of the truck all I could think of was Gaston you know from "Beauty and the Beast" He was on a high and he wanted me to be so proud of him. But I just felt disgusted looking at the elk especially after seeing his tongue sticking out the side. I understand the sport aspect of hunting and I'm mostly ok with it, but at the same time when I see a beautiful animal I just think it should stay alive. Anyway I kept making Gaston jokes and then he started to act hurt. So I apologized and really felt bad about not being more happy for him.
Here's Emma in the back of the truck with the elk. If you click on the picture and make it bigger you can see his tongue sticking out. That is, if you really want to see that.
Now after a few years we just joke about our elk who we affectionately call Pete. We can joke because we have an understanding that Pete stays in the garage. But, as you can see I've softened up and let him inside, but just for a year until we move.
What was I thinking???
p.s. Brooke woke up from her nap while I've been writing this post. She missed the whole hanging-up-the-elk circus and is just now seeing the elk. She keeps pointing to it and saying "goggie"



1 comment:
I think I would have reacted the same to "Pete" as you did. It's nice of you to be a good sport and let Pete in out of the cold. I love picturing Brooke's reaction when she woke up from her nap.
Post a Comment