I'm coaching soccer again after a few years off. It is fun coaching 10-14 year olds because they can understand you better and you can teach them more than say 8-9 year olds or 4-6 year olds. I coached Emma's team 3 different times including her first year when she was four. I was pregnant with Christian at the time and ran around with my big belly trying to get the girls to do no more than just touch the ball. Emma has changed a lot since then. Instead of looking around aimlessly she is running her guts out and focused on winning.
Anyway, I'm having a good time. The girls are a lot of fun, they have great attitudes and they work really hard. Recently we were able to play against a friend that we never guessed we'd be playing against. It was fun to see the two girls together out on the soccer field.
We set up the picture to look like they were fighting, but Alyssa was the only one swinging.
I guess you can tell who won the game. Hey, just watch out, next spring we'll be back!
No comments:
Post a Comment