Sunday, October 23, 2011

See the Good

This post is going to sound like an advertisement, but since this is a place for me to share my life I can't think of a more perfect thing to do than to share something I really like.

I'd like to tell you about my favorite tv channel BYUtv.  Aaron likes to tease me about watching it so often, but I don't care.  It is so good.  I discovered BYUtv a few years ago when I often would stay up in the late evening hours working on a sewing project. There would usually be a talk from Education Week or Women's Conference or a BYU Devotional. I enjoyed the spiritual messages while I worked.
Since Brooke was born I've spent more time on the couch feeding her and therefore in front of the t.v.  more often during daylight hours.   After flipping channels I usually end up at BYUtv . The devotionals and talks are still there, but they have added so much more. Their motto is "See the Good in the World"  and I don't know about you, but I'd rather see that than what the other tv channels have to offer.
One of my favorite shows is The Story Trek. It's a show where the host randomly travels around the country knocking on doors. If the people answer the door and agree to be on tv then the film crew goes in and interviews them for the show. The idea is that everybody has a story to tell. The authenticity of the stories makes the show really interesting to watch. The kids like to watch the show too and I never have to worry about offensive content.
Most of these new programs are on in the evening and I don't always have time to watch so today I just discovered that you can watch the episodes online. This is good news for those of you who don't have  tv anyway.  So... go to BYUtv today and watch something good. Today I watched an episode of Turning Point. It's a show about people doing amazing things to help other people. Check it out.

2 comments:

lannandem said...

Thanks for the idea about byutv...we don't have tv so we are often looking for good things to watch online...we'll check it out:) I love your fall post and photos, amazing! Truly captures the essence of this season.

Jenny said...

That story Trek sounds awesome. Thanks for the tip.