As I pulled into the neighborhood this afternoon I saw this truck in front of my next-door-neighbor's house and my stomach suddenly felt really sick. I've known for a few weeks now that my neighbor is moving, but seeing the truck in the driveway made it all the more real.
This is a picture of my neighbor Linda and me taken just today.
From the moment we met each other I knew we were meant to be friends. She is so much fun and we've had so many laughs.
We both put in our lawns at the same time and decided that we didn't need a fence. Our kids wore out the grass running back and forth between their trampoline and our sandbox. There were singing telegrams with sunflowers and goodies exchanges and crazy hair day. So many good memories. Oh, how I love this neighbor of mine.

1 comment:
So hard to see good friends move. I miss a few myself like Nancy Mahuika and Carol Moore. Others were lost to go to a better place like Lenna and Virginia. Some due to changes in life and you just don't see them anymore. New neighbors mean new life experiences,and Nik, I know you, you will cherish the old and make the new ones good memories too. Hugs
Post a Comment