Monday, October 3, 2011

Love at Home


Do you have two children at home who just don't seem to get along? Yeah, we have them too. From the moment they see each other at breakfast until after the prayers are said at night these too are arguing, yelling, pinching, hitting, kicking, wrestling, etc.   It gets old really quick.  

They remind me of two other children I know-Nikki and Mac. We did the same thing I guess. It started with wrestling and then turned into fighting. When he got older and stronger all it took was one hit from him and I was done with the physical fights.  The arguing didn't stop however and it only ended when we didn't live together anymore.  Now we're great friends. I think he's smart and funny and he's an amazing photographer among other things.  
Will it take moving out to get my kids to finally like each other? Will the old adage "absence makes the heart grow fonder" apply?  I'm thinking the answer is "yes" and I'll tell you why.

One time last summer when Christian went camping overnight with his dad I heard Lindsey say she missed him and when he came back she was really nice to him. I was shocked and amazed.
Another time recently when he was sick she doted on him and made him a card and kept saying how sorry she felt for him.  I think she really does love him.  Who knew? 

Do we need to send Christian and Aaron on more camping trips? Aaron would love that!

Or maybe we just need to sing the song  and we'll get the hang of it.

"Time doth softly sweetly glide ..."






7 comments:

Mac said...

For the record, I have no recollection of hitting you. I do remember looking up to you, however. Oh and I also remember arguing about stupid stuff in the car on the way to school.
I love you too.

Nikki said...

I have the bruises to prove it. Just kidding.
I think we did agree on one thing: how to get cars off our tail going up the pass and how to hit the jumps all the way to school.

Jenny said...

what a great post. We totally have this going on at our house.

lannandem said...

Too funny! Thanks for the heads up...we haven't made it to that point yet:)

Carly said...

Love that photo of L and C - hilarious! At least they won't have to fight over clothes like we sisters did (at least some of us)...

Colleen said...

Nik,
Somethngs are just better left unsaid...what speed bumps? How did you get people off your tail on the divide.....never mind, better left unsaid.... As for fighting??? Why not make your own movie about 5000 days....Brother and Sister.. It would be fun to see where life takes those two...Hmm...

Karlie said...

Yep, we've got a pair of those too. The twins are at each others throats all day, every day!!

Here's to hoping if they get it over with now, that they'll be good friends later!