Thursday, October 6, 2011

Bunkhouse


I found Christian and his friend in the linen closet today. They were giggling and hiding underneath a pile of sleeping bags and pillows. At first I thought "Oh boy, another mess to clean up!" and I even told them, "You're going to clean up this mess when you're done." There were blankets, towels and pillows spilling out into the hall so much that I couldn't believe they ever fit in the closet. The next time I walked by they had each chosen a shelf to lie in like bunk beds.  I softened up as I remembered how fun it is for a kid to be in tight spaces like that. They love forts, tents, huts, closets, etc.  When they told me to shut the door I played along.  I smiled when I heard them squeal with fear of the dark. Then I ran and got the camera.
After a while they lost interest and ran off to find something else to do.  Later on I almost reminded them about cleaning up, but I decided not to bother them.  I just cleaned it up by myself.  It really didn't take that long and now I have a nice organized closet. 
It was fun being nice. I'll have to try it again tomorrow.

2 comments:

Karlie said...

Ha, ha, love your comment "It was fun being nice. I'll have to try it again tomorrow."

Maybe I should try being a little more nice sometimes too. :)

lannandem said...

Yes i too love your "it's fun being nice" comment! Thanks for the reminder! I remember playing in our closets as a kid too...i wonder when things like that lose their magic?