Christian is so fun to talk to. He loves to use big words he doesn't really know the meaning of and his curiosity about the world leads him to ask some pretty interesting questions. Here's just a few of the most recent questions he has asked:
Last night he asked Aaron if teeth were made out of steel.
A while ago he asked me why deer were always falling in love. I said "what do you mean?" and he said "you know how boys are always liking girls." I just smiled.
He's always asking me about Satan and Jesus. He asked me why Satan always lies.
Another time he asked me if moms always tell the truth and I said "uh-huh."
Lately when Christian talks about the old days he says "Like back in the 1980's" as if it was so long ago. We were looking at a book this morning and saw a grandfather clock. He said, "back in the 1980's when they didn't have clocks they used roosters to wake them up." I tried to explain that we had clocks in the 1980's, but I didn't get too far. He just doesn't understand time.
And finally, with all the work that has been done downstairs Christian has seen a lot of workers come through the house. Although I'd try to keep Christian out of their way he would still sneak down to watch what they were doing. He also loves to watch and "help" Aaron with whatever project he's working on. I think he's decided that he wants to be a worker when he grows up.
One day he said to me "How come daddy doesn't have a real job?" I laughed and tried to tell him that teaching was a real job. I went through all the things that teachers do that mean they are working. He didn't agree. To him you're only working if you are building or fixing something. Funny boy. Aaron got a big kick out of that when he got home.

2 comments:
Love hearing all the funny things he says. The other day Farrah said, "Mom, you're hopeless." I asked her what she thought that meant and she said "unlucky". Ha, ha, ha...
Love you.
Christian is a hoot! It seems like you told me a story about driving to Salt Lake and Christian thought you were in Alaska. I can't remember the story exactly but it was funny.
Post a Comment