Friday, August 2, 2013

That Girl

Isn't she cute?

Brooke came out of her room this morning looking like this. What crazy cat.  That girl is something else.  We have the everybody's-watching-and-therefor-nobody's-watching Brooke going on this summer.  Daily, hourly, we find her in some kind of trouble. Her favorite kind of trouble is making messes. She likes to paint herself with everything she can find- toothpaste, mascara, vaseline, chocolate syrup
( see photo below), marker, and other disgusting things I won't mention.


Every time I turn around it's a crazy mess. Spilled milk, koolaid, apricots smashed on the floor. As I was making Emma's birthday cake with Emma, Brooke was drinking food coloring behind my back and coloring her legs with it. This happened in a matter of seconds while I had my back turned.
What a crazy ride.  

With all the headache of the messes comes a lot of fun. Brooke keeps us laughing with her language and antics. For one thing, she says everything you say right after you say it. Lindsey and her friend could barely have a conversation in the car because Brooke was trying to say everything they were saying. They could barely hear each other. When I said to her "Brooke, you're a copy cat." She said, "no, I a dog" 
She's all of the sudden afraid of bugs, and dogs which she never was before.  Last night when we were sitting out on chairs at night we told Brooke to walk over by the tree house. She took one look over at the darkness and said, "no, it's darking"  
One thing she's not afraid of is water. She loves to turn the hose on and soak herself with it.  Our neighbors have a pool and they've invited us to come swim over there. Every time we drive by their house she says, "Let's go fwimmin'" She loves to swim.
Yesterday at the park she was running around saying "Call me maybe" I was interested in knowing where she heard that from so I asked the girls on the way home. Lindsey started laughing and told us that she had been singing that to Brooke while they were playing that morning.
When Brooke gets hurt she wants you to "kiss it better" and every time anyone else gets hurt she's the first to offer a hug and a kiss right where it hurts. It's amazing the effect that has on the injured person. It calms them down and really does make it all better.

What a crazy cat. We love that girl.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Love her. She is definitely one to keep your eyes on ha, ha, ha.