Tuesday, August 6, 2013

Growing Up


My girl Emma is growing up.  Last week she reached a few milestones. First she turned 12- finally! All her friends at school have been twelve forever. The next day I registered her for junior high- eek! 
It was actually a lot of fun walking through the halls with her and helping her open her locker.  It took me back to the junior high days and made me smile and laugh. Those were the days.  Then, on Sunday she graduated from primary and moved on to Young Women's.  The girls in my ward do such a cute thing. The beehive girls dress up with black and yellow tutus and antennae headbands and buzz into the primary to pick up the birthday girl and take her back to the "hive" of the Young Women's room.  As they buzzed away I welled up with tears. In fact I was more emotional than when I sent her off to kindergarten.  I'm just really happy for her to experience this next stage of life. What an exciting time.