Sunday, August 11, 2013
Room with a View
I'm going to miss the gorgeous view I have out my window when we move. Our view in Eden is really good too in fact you can't go anywhere in this valley and not have an amazing view. But the reason I love this view so much is the field. I love to watch the changes in color from season to season and even from week to week. I grew up surrounded by fields where my dad and grandpa farmed the land. Because I'm not at home to see my dad cutting his hay I enjoy watching my neighbor cut his.
I love the sight, I love the smell, I love the sound of it all.
Look at these different shades of blue and green. Alfalfa in front and wheat in the background.
And last, this is a picture I took of Ralph baling hay at night. My dad also bales at night when the temperature drops. He says when the hay is a little damp it sticks together better.
There you have it. I posted everyday this week for probably the first time ever. I wasn't planning on it, but after I did it three days in a row I thought why not keep going? I suppose that's how Dennis, the hiker thought when he started hiking. Unlike him I'm not going to post everyday for 7 years, but you never know!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment