Saturday, August 10, 2013

Better Days


This duck has seen better days.  While I was giving Brooke some good morning kisses this morning she wanted me to kiss her duck too. So I did.  Boy was it stinky!  I suggested to Brooke that we should clean him, but she wasn't so sure.  Later though while Christian was bathing,  Brooke threw the duck in the tub. I guess she changed her mind so we cleaned him up a little bit.
Brooke was born three days before Easter and this duck was her first gift from my mom.  She used to be afraid of it because it would sing and flap its wings.  "If you're hippity hoppity boppity shout hooray..." But as she got older it wasn't so scary anymore and it even made her laugh.  Now the wings don't flap anymore and it doesn't sing, but she has become attached to it and she loves it.
Lindsey was my other kid who got attached to a stuffed animal. Hers was a yellow care bear.  People would ask me how it got so dirty and I told them it was because she took it EVERYWHERE. I remember one time being in a laundromat and watching her drag it on the disgusting floor. I should have just thrown it in one of the machines while I was there, but have you ever tried to take a kid's blanket or teddy bear or binky or whatever they're attached to away for even just a second? It is pure torture.  I can't tell you what lengths we've gone to in the past to ensure our kid had his or her bear or blanket.

For those of you out there who can relate to this you would enjoy this cute book I read about a boy whose mother or grandmother-can't remember- took him out to play one day while mom stayed home and washed his teddy bear. When he came home he went straight to his room to find the bear, but all he could find was a clean bear, not his bear.  He then goes on a journey to find his real bear and you'll just have to read it to find out what happens. Such a cute story!




1 comment:

Carly said...

That's Farrah and her blanket. Fortunately, I get to wash it now and again.