Monday, June 11, 2012

Messy Room

One of Christian's jobs is to keep his room clean. Sometimes he is amazing and without complaining gets it done in a hurry.  Other times he gets too overwhelmed and begs for help.  I always resist because when he says "help" he really means that he wants me to clean while he messes around.   Same story this morning, but I was so determined to reduce the size of his rock collection and get rid of his homemade robot to name a few, that I agreed.  Yes I did most of the cleaning, but it was worth it. We made some real progress.

One of my favorite books as a kid was The Berentstain Bears "Messy Room". 


My favorite part was the last page where it shows how clean and organized the room is. I used to stare at that page and dream of having such a clean room.  Today I took some pictures to show how bad Christian's room looked during the massive cleanup and how much better it looked in the end.

See Christian at the top of the closet? He insisted he get up there to make sure we got everything.


Part of the rock collection

random junk

Christian has never really been in to toys. You'll never see him escape to his room to play. He'd rather be outside with his friends or watching a cartoon.  He gets toys as gifts all the time and he'll play with them for a few days, maybe a week or two, and then he's pretty much done. 
 As we were cleaning stuff out I reminded him that he didn't really play with a lot of the toys in his closet.  He agreed and was very good at getting rid of stuff. 


And now for the after pictures




Big improvement I say.   Now onto the next...Emma and Lindsey's room. Yikes!


No comments: