Tuesday, November 15, 2011

'Tis the season

'Tis the season to be grateful, eh?  Last night we had a fun Family Home Evening lesson about gratitude. One of the main points was that being grateful makes you feel happy.   Aaron, who was giving the lesson challenged our family to find 100 things we were grateful for. To do it we each named two things under ten different categories.  Some of the categories included; people, things, places, food, nature, the gospel, and inventions.  It turned into such a fun thing to think about all that we were grateful for and it was usually hard to leave the category to move on to the next.  I'd say by the end we were really happy.
Christian even surprised me afterwards and got his pajamas on without me asking.  He said a funny thing to me when I recognized him for doing it.  He said, "yeah it's good to do something good without asking, but it's naughty to do something bad without asking." I think he means that it's bad to do something without asking like using dad's tools or going to a friend's house. Smart thinking!

One of the modern conveniences I am grateful for is indoor plumbing.  I'm glad we don't have one of these in the backyard although it is picturesque, don't you think?

Have a great day with your indoor plumbing and all the other great inventions!

1 comment:

lannandem said...

Neat Nikki! Thanks so much for sharing! What a cool idea, i know what we'll be doing for FHE next week :) I too am so grateful for indoor plumbing, for sure!!! Cool picture though.