Saturday, November 2, 2013

Halloween Hangover

I've never had a hangover, but I imagine it would feel like how the family is feeling post Halloween.  The kids don't have any energy and I can't quite get going either.  There are stomach aches and head aches and Lindsey has a rash on her face probably from her costume makeup. My method of letting the kids eat all the candy they want and be done in two days has always worked pretty good, but maybe this year not so much. I think they got more candy than they usually get.

 But, we had a great time.

I even made some decorations and hung them up.


Here's the official Halloween night picture without Emma because she was out with friends.


Our costumes were really easy this year which helped out so much.


Emma was a dead soccer player. Here's a picture of her at my mom's Halloween party.
She's not looking very frightening with that smile on her face. Christian's trying to get Brooke (the cupcake) to smile and Lindsey is in a different costume. This costume is called "pink nerd" and by the time Halloween came around she decided on something else.  

One great thing that happened this Halloween is that I planned a Daddy-Daughter date with a friend of mine for the girls in our ward. My friend took care of all the food so I decided I better come up with the decorations.  I'm not a decorator at all. I almost never put up any decorations and I really don't know how.  I was feeling a little anxious about it, but I got online and found some ideas. My mom and mother-in-law inspired me with some more ideas and I didn't know how it was all going to come together, but it did.   The decorations took time to create, but thanks to my friend next door who came over and helped draw and cut and cut some more, I was able to get it all done.  It was a complete miracle. I was so pleased with the result.

Here's some pictures.





After the party was said and done I hung up the decorations at my house. It was the afternoon on Halloween and I was exhausted from the party the night before, but I started to think about how much the kids like decorations and it gave me the energy to do it.  Soon it became fun and I smiled in anticipation of their reaction. I was actually having fun decorating! I even started to realize what a bore I had been. Decorating wasn't that hard after all.  

The funnest part was hanging up these ghosts because I knew the kids would smile when they saw them after getting off the bus. 


Sure enough they came in and said "mom, the decorations are really good."  It was so fun for me to do that for them.

The end.

2 comments:

lannandem said...

Nikki! I love your decorations too! So festive and fun for everyone! I'll have to try that at our house next year because on halloween morning henry woke up and i said, "henry, it's halloween!" and he said looking kind of confused, "halloween this very day? but where are all the decorations?" Your daddy daughter date looks like a hit too! You are such a fun mom! And friend!

Carly said...

You did such a good job, Nik!