Friday, November 15, 2013

Curly Sue

Brooke hasn't let me touch her hair for a long time other than to comb it. Sunday she let me curl it and she looked so cute.


It's hard to tell the full extent of the hairdo from the picture especially after three hours of church. But she looked cute.  A friend of mine didn't even recognize her she looked so different.

And the green dress saved her life. The same friend was driving down the road after church and saw a cute little girl in a green dress in the middle of the road. Just moments before we heard the knock at the door I said to Lindsey, "Where's Brooke?" I think she had followed Christian outside and he disappeared around the back of the house.  
Right now I can hear, "knock, knock" from her room. When she gets up in the morning she says that so that I'll come get her out. 
Last night she woke up in the middle of the night and cried out so I went in her room to see what was going on. Her covers had all fallen off the bed and she wanted me to sing her a song. She always wants  "I am a Child of God."
So I sang to her one verse until she said, "you can leave" That's her famous saying at night after you tuck her in. You sing her one song and she'll say, "you can go". It's so funny. Many times I don't mind or would even like singing another song or two, but in the middle of the night , "you can leave" are magic words. She makes it so painless.

I love my cutie pie.

1 comment:

Carly said...

Agggghhhhhh!!!! I love this. She really does say the funniest things.