Footings
Setting the forms for the foundation
Emma looks at the foundation
The first walls framed in the basement
Emma and her friend look at the gulf (storage under the porch) separating them from the house.
Sun setting through the back door
Three walls
We came a little late to see the trusses lifted on the house. When we got there the crane was finished, but still up.
This is what the house looked like with the new trusses on. It looked crazy and nothing like a house. I felt like it was naked and I wanted them to cover it really quick. What a strange, funny feeling.
After they covered the floor and created stairs Christian and I went up to take a look.
The entire floor wasn't covered and there weren't any walls. We took two steps and I told Christian to turn around and go back down. This is his "look mom, I'm getting closer to the edge" look. Anyone home in the neighborhood at that time probably thought I was the meanest mom the way I was yelling. I was so scared Christian was going to go off the edge.
Finally some walls and more flooring upstairs
Kids looking out Brooke's window
Almost! Just missing a front porch and some other things.
Voila, a house!















3 comments:
How exciting!! It looks like you're finally going to get your porch!
If you ever make it up here Jackson would really love to play with Christian. Just the other day he told me that he really misses him and then he listed all of the fun things they used to do together! :)
Wow! It's looking good!
so fun!!!
Post a Comment