This grave is of my gr-gr-grandma's and we've never visited it. She is someone I've thought a lot about lately as I've worked on family history. It was nice to take the family there and leave her some flowers.
Recently we were involved in a family history themed get together with the girls in our ward. Each young girl told us a story about an ancestor. Emma and Lindsey dressed in these clothes and told a story.
Lindsey is dressed in her 3rd great-grandmother Mary Anne Ingram's clothing and Emma is dressed in her Great-grandma Brown's dress. Norma knit this and wore it when she was Emma's age. If you see it up close it is really amazing.
Some people think family history is boring, but I think it is so much fun. When you get into it the strong family ties bring you in and the feeling is really great. You should try it...today!


No comments:
Post a Comment