Friday, May 3, 2013
Coach
I absolutely love this picture that my friend Jenny took of me coaching recently. I think it is hilarious. I was telling my girls how tough they were for showing up in the rain to play. I'm having so much fun coaching these girls. It is a challenge to coach 5 age groups (10-14) and a wide range of abilities, but it is a fun challenge. I love it when they show the slightest bit of improvement or when they do something in a game that I taught them at practice. Yesterday we lost so bad- I think score-wise it was our worst game ever, but in every other way it was our best game ever. The girls were passing, they were actually moving the ball up the field, there was dribbling and tricky moves, and we SCORED!!! It was our first goal this spring. I was so proud. These girls are so tough and they have so much heart. Someday when the younger girls get old enough to actually be the same age as the other teams, they're going to be really good. Patience...patience.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Oh, this is AWESOME! Good job coach.
You're an awesome coach. Our kids are lucky. Hey, I took a few more pics of you yesterday. I'll send them over.
Nikki, i can just hear your pep talk getting the team all pumped up! They are lucky to have you!
Post a Comment