Monday, May 20, 2013

Bird Refuge

I'm beginning to think we live in a bird refuge.  The sandhill cranes love to hang out in the field behind us and it can get pretty loud around here. I never thought I'd say this, but their sound kind of gets on my nerves sometimes.  But, other than that, I love to have them around.   They look cool when the sun is setting and they are all gathered on top of the hill.



Our neighbors behind us have a lot of property and they let us walk around out in the fields. They have a pond in one spot that attracts geese.  Aaron took Brooke down there one day to see the geese and from now on she always says she wants to "See da geese". So we go down there at least once a week to see them. One time we saw a nest with goose eggs in it. Ever since then we've been careful not to get too close. The last time I was down there I saw a fox snooping around where that nest was. I was so sad. I hope the geese chased him away after we left.



Did I mention how pretty it is here?



1 comment:

Mac said...

Brooke would love it here. Just hop on a plane and tell her that you're going to see 'da geese'