Friday, April 19, 2013

Easter



Easter was such a good day this year!! In fact, I wish we could have weather like we had that day, again.  It's been soooo cold these past couple of weeks!



We had the greatest Easter day spending time with family.  First we had the privilege of going to the missionary farewell of my mom's 2nd cousin.  This cousin and her husband are headed to the South Pacific Islands.  When my mom was young she spent time at their house during the summers and has such great memories.  When I was young my mom carried on the tradition and sent us to stay with their family. They have kids all of our ages and we had the greatest time there.  They lived in a neighborhood with lots of kids. There were night games and riding bikes all over the place.  We lived in the country and didn't know what "city" life was like so it was fun to experience a neighborhood like theirs.

I had Emma stand outside their house so I could take a picture.


Another reason why I liked being at their house was because of how I felt there. They were a good strong family and I could feel a good feeling being there with them.  I felt that feeling again when I saw them on Easter.  I'm grateful for their example in my life.

This is my cousin Cami who is my age. We don't see each other very often, but it doesn't matter. We talk like old friends.   And we made plans to see each other again soon. Hopefully we can follow up.

So fun!



Then later, we went to grandma Mari's for a delicious dinner and fun Easter games for the kids.


Brooke with cousin Max

These pictures make me yearn for warm, sunny weather.


A few days before Easter we celebrated at my mom 'n' dad's with our brunch at night and an Easter egg hunt.

Brooke joined in this year and gathered the eggs and ate the candy. Actually, I ate a lot of her candy.

CuTe!

She is starting to interact more with her cousin Penny who is one year older than her.  I hope they can be good friends. 

That's a wrap




1 comment:

Colleen said...

Love this post Nikki. It is interesting to me that you were drawn to the Edwards for the same reason I was drawn to the Morgan"s. The "Spirit" and people who live with it have a natural "Joy" about them. It makes you want to be aruond them more to feel the warth and love.
mom