We finally broke ground on our property. We're going to call this the ground breaking ceremony.
Aaron was trying to verify the property line so we could stake it out. Measuring where the house would sit on the property was quite a task. I can't quite measure right in sewing so I told Aaron he was measuring with the wrong person. It took forever, but we got it done.
Then this week after a ton of work on Aaron's part, they came and dug us a hole.
We visited it on a very cold and windy day.
Then we went back on a warmer day.
Building a house is kind of scary and for me it's constant worry about whether we're staying on budget. But I have to admit when I saw the hole and the piles of dirt a big smile stretched across my face. The house that we've talked about forever is finally being built. It's an exciting feeling.







2 comments:
How exciting! Congrats to the Wolthuis family!! Are you acting as the general contractor yourself? It's a big project, but in the end it will be worth it.
Keep the soil. Store it onsite or maybe Dad will let you store it over at their house but keep it. Your new house is in an area that should have really good topsoil and even if it isn't the best out there, it still is native to the site and should be utilized for your landscaping needs, etc.
Ok
Post a Comment