I'd like to share a family secret. Emma used to have the reddest, driest, saddest looking hands, especially in the winter. I wish I had a picture to show you just how bad they were, but I don't. Over the years we've tried a few different prescription creams including one with steroids in it to relieve her pain and heal her hands. We always had to be so careful with how much and how often we were putting it on and I never liked that so we didn't use it very often. She suffered with these painful hands for years until one day last Christmas when a friend of mine gave me some lotion in a gift bag. Emma asked if she could have it and I said "sure." She began using this lotion and after a week or two there was a big difference in her hands. From then on she decided she would put in on every night before going to bed and now she has the softest hands EVER. For some reason it took me a whole year to realize that I could use this lotion too. Now I use it daily and my hands are so soft. And, Brooke has had sand paper skin since forever. I've been putting it on her once a day for the past week and the sandpaper is gone! It's really crazy because the lotion is the about the cheapest brand lotion you can buy at Walmart.

Suave Advanced Therapy lotion. This whole bottle for $2.88
I usually ignore it when I read stuff like "dermatologist proven", but hey, this time, they're right.
So, that's the secret.
Go get some and enjoy your silky hands.
1 comment:
thanks for the tip nikki! we could definitely use that around here, we all have dry and crackly skin and the fruity-scented lotions just aren't cutting it!
Post a Comment