Here's my church boy.
I got him to wear this bow tie for the first time in probably a year. I bought the pattern online three years ago. It was featured on a blog event I guess you could say called Celebrate the Boy I ended up making lots of other fun things from there for Christian. I don't know where I got the time to do that because these days there isn't time for much more than the essentials.
Anyway, I made that bow tie and learned on youtube how to tie it. It was so hard and every time I put it on it took 15 minutes for me to do it. Finally I tied it for good, sewed it up, cut off the ends and added velcro. Easy peasy. Except now since he hasn't worn it for so long, it barely fits. I guess I can fix that too. Doesn't he look so cute?
He probably never wants to wear it because of the bad memories that it holds:) For Christian's first primary (church) program when he was 4 we put him in the outfit below plus a corduroy blazer over the top. He looked so cute! He hates being in front of people in the first place, so we really had to talk him into going up on the stand with the other kids. Because he was in the youngest class he got to stand in front where everyone could see him and this was the worst place for him to be because he decided he would frown REALLY big the entire time. It was so bad it was funny and we couldn't contain our laughter. We felt like we had to do something because he was a distraction, but we didn't know what. I don't know if the audience was getting anything out of the program because they were laughing with us. Finally three quarters of the way through the program Aaron went up there to get him and discovered Christian had to go to the bathroom really bad, and he was really hot and uncomfortable from that suit and bow tie and we didn't know it, but he had hit his head really hard before the program even started. Also the kids had to be there 45 minutes early so he had been there a VERY long time.
He could have bolted at any time during the program, but he was being a good boy by staying there. I guess he felt the only power he had was to frown the whole time. Aaron and I felt bad about it after and we apologized to him. Then the whole family had a good laugh.
Below is the original picture of him after I first made it. What a difference three years can make!


1 comment:
Look how huge it looked when he was littler! I am sad I missed that program. I think I was playing piano for it. I always missed what the kids did because of that.
Post a Comment