It was fun seeing Emma getting all dressed up. After she got home she wouldn't change out of her dress for a couple of hours because she liked it so much. She looks so grown up.
She told us a story about how one boy she danced with tonight didn't know who she was. He said "Now, what grade are you in?" After she told him they had Spanish class together he felt sheepish. I guess the contacts threw him off? Or was it the high heels?
I found this picture of my seventh grade night dance. I look so young and all fluffed up. I bet there were some boys that night who didn't recognize me with my big curly hairdo and bow on top. Though I've never been a girly girl who is interested in fashion and makeup, I've always enjoyed dressing up for dances. It's fun to pretend you're a princess for a night. Then it's back to business, eh?
Good Times


3 comments:
Love this!!! I got some mileage out of that dress myself. I still remember the theme of one of our night dances was, "Almost Paradise" from Footloose. Good tune.
Beautiful daughter you have. Better watch out for those boys!
Emma is at Snowcrest?? Some how I missed this. Ah well! She looks beautiful! Electric blue was the theme to our night dance I think?
Post a Comment